Distance Learning Unit (UED)
The Distance Learning Unit – Unidade de Ensino a Distância (UED) – of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (IPL) develops Training, Research and Development activities according to the terms previewed in Dispatch nº 8295/2002 (2nd series) of the Education Ministry, 27March 2002, article 7, nº6 of the IPL statutes.
The Distance Learning Unit appears thanks to one of IPLs development strategies, in accordance to the European objectives, considered fundamental for the development of the knowledge and information society.
- To promote distance learning within the IPL in order to develop new teaching methodologies, learning and knowledge exchange, with the support of the most recent information and communication technologies.
- To implement and coordinate all the distance learning projects involving IPL schools, in order to take advantage of all the existing skills and financial and human resources available.
- To promote research, development and innovation in the context of distance learning approaches.
The Distance Learning Unit has the following mission: innovate, stimulate and promote the new methodologies of learning through the creation and exchange of knowledge, overcoming traditional barriers, such as time and space.
- To encounter the needs demand of the target
- To attract new target
- To develop lifelong training activities
- To increase and spread the training offer
- To respond to the training needs of the IPL community
- To complement the traditional teaching system
- To contribute towards research, development and innovation in distance learning
Unidade de Ensino a Distância
Building of the Cantina 2, 2nd floor, Campus 2 of the Polytechnic of Leiria
Morro do Lena – Alto do Vieiro
2411-901 Leiria – Portugal
Tel. (+351)244845052; Fax (+351)244845059